30 Aug 17
Overview of several approaches to rank results by an average score provided by users, and why most fail to provide a satisfying solution. Concluding with a formula that yields better results.
17 Oct 09
This page has visualizations of some comparison based sorting algorithms.
These pages show 8 different sorting algorithms on 4 different initial conditions. These visualizations are intended to:
- Show how each algorithm operates.
- Show that there is no best sorting algorithm.
- Show the advantages and disadvantages of each algorithm.
- Show that worse-case asymptotic behavior is not the deciding factor in choosing an algorithm.
- Show that the initial condition (input order and key distribution) affects performance as much as the algorithm choice.